Expanding access to opportunity so all can thrive.


Ensuring all can live in healthy, connected communities.


Building community power and voice.

Welcome to the Bay Area Equity Atlas, a comprehensive data support system to track the state of equity across the region and inform solutions for inclusive prosperity.

The Latest

Our latest dashboard sheds light on how Bay Area cities and counties are allocating their share of federal recovery dollars. As of December 31, 2022 (the end of the most recent reporting period), municipal governments across the nine-county region have made spending decisions for $2.02 billion (67 percent) of the $3 billion they collectively received from the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds program, leaving $1 billion (33 percent) left to be allocated.

Support for Equity Campaigns

Testifying in support of just cause eviction protections before city council. Talking with your neighbors about the need for transit investment. Building a coalition to address the jobs-housing imbalance in the region. Community leaders from San Jose to Concord are using Bay Area Equity Atlas data to power their campaigns. 

In Their Own Words...

“ Sometimes rent is more expensive here, but we stay here because the Mexican store is around the corner. We live here because you can speak Spanish.”

— Darling Ruiz, San Rafael

Darling Ruiz moved to the United States after a devastating fire destroyed her entire home and all of her possessions in Mexico. She is one of 18,000 Latinx immigrants living in Marin County. When she arrived, she became engaged with the Canal Alliance and co-founded Voces del Canal — a volunteer advocacy group that focuses on improving the health and economic well-being of people living in the Canal neighborhood of San Rafael. Learn more


Photo: Felix Uribe