Using Bay Area Equity Atlas Data to Prevent Displacement and Protect Renters
Ensuring that Bay Area renters are not displaced from their homes due to rising housing costs and eviction is critical to building a more equitable region where all can thrive. Across the region, there is a burgeoning movement for stronger laws that protect tenants from eviction and excessive rent increases. Data is an important ingredient in successful campaigns, and the Bay Area Equity Atlas team has worked with tenant advocacy organizations in five Bay Area cities to support their policy campaigns with data.
Join this webinar to learn about what renter data you will find in the Bay Area Equity Atlas and hear from tenant advocates working in Concord, Hayward, Oakland, and San Jose about how data fits into their organizing and policy campaigns.
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM PT
- Fred Blackwell, Chief Executive Officer, San Francisco Foundation
- Alicia Lawrence, Organizer, Hayward Collective
- Camilo Sol Zamora, Co-Director of Housing, Land & Development, Causa Justa :: Just Cause
- Jeffrey Buchanan, Director of Public Policy, Working Partnerships USA
- Kristi Laughlin, Senior Campaign Director, EBASE
- Sarah Treuhaft, Managing Director, PolicyLink